With many years’ experience of carrying out storage tank inspections In accordance with EEMUA 159 guidelines, Inspectahire offer clients a fully integrated service by bringing together an Industry-leading combination of experience and technology.
Often In the most challenging environments, our multi-disciplined technicians have carried out inspections on atmospheric and low-pressure storage tanks throughout the UK and across the globe.
Alongside visual Inspections, we provide a range of traditional and advanced NDT inspections services on both In-service and out of service assets to asses the condition and mechanical Integrity of the storage tank.
Methods of Inspection
- Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI) - used for the inspection of the Shell to Bottom Weld and seam welds
- Dye Penetrate-used for the inspection of the Shell to Bottom Weld and seam welds
- Magnetic Flux Leakage-used to assess the condition of the tank floor and locate defects on underside of floor plates
- Pulsed Eddy Current (PEC) – used to measure wall thickness and to assess the condition of the annular ring
- Vacuum Box-used to test the integrity of the Shell / Bottom weld and majority of Seam Welds
- CCTV and Pneumatic Mast-used for the inspection of drains, pipes, and areas where access is most difficult negating the use of scaffolding where access is at height.
- Ultrasonic and Remote Ultrasonic-Remote Ultrasonic to measure the wall thickness of the Shell strakes and Tank roof plates by following vertical Scan Lines on the tank shell from the ground.
- Visual- Overall inspection of foundations, holding bolts
- UAV – Internal & external visual, thermal and hydrocarbon leak survey of tank & Infrastructure
- FLIR – Thermal and Optical Gas Imaging (OGI) survey of the storage tank and Infrastructure
Complementing more traditional inspections methods, we own and operate a range of UAV platforms to allow visual, thermal and optical gas Imaging survey of the storage tanks and associated infrastructure.